Dungeon Crawl Classics #11:
The Dragonfiend Pact
An Adventure for 2nd Level Characters
Remember the good old days, when adventures were underground, NPCs were there to be killed, and the finale of every dungeon was the dragon on the 20th level? Those days are back. Dungeon Crawl Classics don't waste your time with long-winded speeches, weird campaign settings, or NPCs who aren't meant to be killed. Each adventure is 100% good, solid dungeon crawl, with the monsters you know, the traps you fear, and the secret doors you know are there somewhere.
The small town of Welwyn has been beset by a string of robberies. The heroes are led to the natural cave system located at the bottom of the town well, which they must explore to find the burglars. But once they're in the cave system, things get much more difficult! The "burglars" turn out to be mere pawns in a much darker game. To get to the source of the crimes, the heroes must shrink themselves with potions of improved reduce person and explore a series of dangerous rat warrens where their prey is larger than they are!
- A unique dungeon crawl that requires the heroes to shrink themselves in order to complete their mission
- 16 keyed encounter areas covering a wide range of encounters
- A great low-level module that positions successful PCs as heroes of the village, ready to pursue future adventures
Rules Set: d20 v3.5.
Áereth Map Grid: TM13.
- Nomination, Best Adventure, 2005 Gen Con ENnie Awards
- EN World, Staff Reviewer Crothian: 4 stars. "It is a fun little module filled with some small creatures that really prove size matters. It has creative encounters and fun potential."
- EN World, Fan Review: 4 stars. "Goodman Games may be one of the greatest publishers of d20 adventures. Their 'throwback' dungeon crawls are quickly becoming things of legend among gamers, presenting great adventures at reasonable prices, especially factoring in their PDF market. The Dragonfiend Pact, by Chris Doyle is certainly one of those adventures that will be an excellent addition to any GM's collection."
- Ogre Cave: "...shows an intelligence and thoughtfulness in its design while still keeping to the feel of yesteryear. In fact it feels all rather jolly despite the activity of going down a hole, meeting new people and creatures, and killing them. Which, really, is what the Dungeon Crawl Classics line is all about."
Writer: Chris Doyle
Cover Artist: William McAusland
Interior Artists: Jason Edwards, Brad McDevitt
Cartographer: Jeremy Simmons
GMG5010, 16 pages, $2.00.
Even the smallest psudodragon is dangerous if you've been shrunk!
Be careful crossing the chasm. You never know what lurks beneath...
Read the book... or don't read the book? Hmmm, tough choice!
If you return successfully, the villagers will love their new heroes!