The Complete Guide to Werewolves
One shapechanger stands above them all as the ultimate source of fear and cunning. For centuries, werewolves have been staples of folklore worldwide, spreading terror in the night while hiding amongst mankind in the day. Now the Complete Guide to Werewolves brings this historical monster into your d20 game. Grounded in folklore from multiple cultures, this thorough and imaginative sourcebook gives you everything you need to engage the world's most dangerous shapeshifter.
The Complete Guide to Werewolves takes a comprehensive view of its legendary subject. With material based on mythology, it offers new options for werewolf characters, including not just the usual assortment of feats and prestige classes, but also rules for breeds, lunar influence, and weaknesses or "thorns." Every aspect of the lycanthropic process is examined, from life stages to mindset to new lyncathropic diseases, and the book includes a selection of powerful NPCs and new monsters ready to be inserted into any campaign.
The Complete Guide to Werewolves is 100% world-neutral and stand-alone, and can be easily integrated into any campaign.
- A believable approach to werewolves grounded in traditional folklore from many cultures
- Rules for all aspects of a werewolf campaign, including birth moons, life stages, werewolf breeds, lunar influences, deities and domains, different kinds of transformations, and more
- Almost three dozen new feats, allowing you to customize werewolves however you'd like (whether PC or NPC), as well as a new system of "thorns" or weaknesses that balance out feats
- New prestige classes: the benandanto (good-aligned werewolves dedicated to slaying the forces of supernatural evil), alpha lukos (high priests of the cult of Lycaeon), alpha lucerus (priests of the wolf-god Lupercus), lupicinus (a wolf charmer), lupis venator (the werewolf's most hated enemy), Ulfhednir (werewolves dedicated to slaughter), and Varga Mor (wolf witches)
- New monsters relating to werewolves, new spells, new cleric domains, and new magic items
- A selection of iconic NPCs ready to be inserted into your campaign
Rules Set: d20 v3.5.
Writer: Michael Tresca
Cover Artist: Thomas Denmark
Interior Artists: Ilya Astrakhan, David Griffith, William McAusland, Brad McDevitt, Claudio Muniz
GMG3010, 72 pages, $16.99.
The ulhednir prestige class: a raging horror of tooth and claw!
Other werewolves prefer stealth and surprise over strength and fury.
Werewolves come in many breeds, such as the nubilus werewolves of the plains.
Some breeds believe in protecting the land they inhabit... through whatever means necessary.
Werewolves have a cosmology of their own, including patron deities and the Alpha Lupercus, priests of the wolf-god Lupercus.
So too do they have enemies, such as this Lupus Venator.