Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex
Dinosaurs, space travel, the Civil War, and the wild west, all mixed together in one epic world!
The World of Broncosaurus Rex
In the year 2202, dinosaurs have been discovered on the planet Cretasus. But these dinosaurs are just as smart as the humans now flocking to their home. Velociraptors trade in alien weapons, leptoceratops guard their desert secrets, and T-rex dynasties protect their nests from egg raiders. Despite the dinosaurs, human pioneers arrive in droves at New Savannah's busy spaceport. Lured by free land, gold, and simple freedom, they yearn for a new life. Their wagon trails soon trudge west on the rutted path of the Tecumseh Trail, bringing new adventures to Cretasus.
Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex is a science fiction world setting. The basic premise is that the Civil War did not end as we know it, but resulted in separate Federal and Confederate nations. This state continued into the space age. In the year 2202, an alien planet full of dinosaurs was discovered, opening new mysteries and establishing the world of Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex.
Your character could be a bronco rider, riding the dinosaurs for ranchers, farmers, the military, or pure adventure. You could be a soldier: a Union ironclad pilot, a federal sheriff, or a rebel blockade runner. You could be a street fighter come to find your fortune, or a homeworld dissident fighting for freedom. You could be one of the legendary Wild Ones, fearsome humans who leave human company to sleep with the dinosaurs. You could be a Union machinist, always equipped with the latest technology. You could be an idealistic infantryman, a freelance dino hunter, a warp pirate, a Union turncoat, an outer ranges explorer, a dino rustler, or an alien hunter. The world of Broncosaurus Rex is in your hands!
The Core Rulebook is the complete guide to adventuring in the universe of Broncosaurus Rex. It features:
- World background, history, and adventure ideas
- Six new character classes: Bronco Rider, Machinist, Soldier, Spy, Two-Fister and Wild One
- New feats and skills
- High-tech weapons and equipment
- Expanded rules for riding and fighting with dinosaurs
- d20 stats for 24 dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures
Rules Set: d20 v3.0.
- Honorable Mention, Best d20 Game, 2002 Gen Con ENnie Awards
Zines: 4.8 out of 5. "In conclusion, Dinosaur Planet: Broncosaurus Rex is an excellent choice for the dinosaur lover. It represents a very good alternative d20 game and is a fun change of pace from your typical Dungeons & Dragons campaign."
- The Game Keep: 4 stars. "You don't so much as have to suspend your disbelief as much as shoot it and put it out of its misery but it does promise to be a fun ride with a lot of good gaming sessions possible. If you are looking for something really different than Dwarves and Orcs or Spaceman Jim and his Trusty Laser you can't go wrong with this game. If you collect games, this is also a must have."
- RPG.net: 4 stars. "DP:BR is one of the more unusual games I have seen coming out of the D20 system crowd. However, it does seem to be one of the better introductory products of a new D20 system company. The production values and presentation are very good, with very pleasing artwork and good content."
Writer: Joseph Goodman
Artists: Tim Burgard, Derek Schubert, V. Shane, Walter Stuart, David Wong, Thomas Yeates
96 pages, $20.00.
Confederate soldiers fend off a triceratops stampede
A T-Rex battles a Union ironclad.
Scenic New Savannah
The bronco rider: the new hero of Cretasus
Wild ones: feral humans who return to the wilderness to live with the dinosaurs